Pineapple trends in home and fashion have been around for a few years now which means it could look distinctly 2000 and late in ten years. Here are some tips to embrace the trend in the short term, without looking too crazy pants in the long
Pineapple is one trendy fruit nowadays and I admit that I have hopped on that trendy bandwagon (see my super cute had painted dish below). It symbolizes carefree! Tropical climates! Bartending on an island beach! Or maybe it just looks super cute and is pretty tasty?
Here are a few of my favorite ways to embrace the pineapple trend without getting sick of it in a month. Or worse- looking dated when kumquats become the next “in” tropical fruit!
- Pick a cheap print off etsy.
- Do small accessories- salt and pepper shakers, ring holders, vases
- Update your current items with a DIY. This is a great way to update pillow covers that have seen better days! Stain? Embroider right over that sucker. ~no one will ever know~
- Seasonal items- like outdoor pillows, beach towels. Since you see these items for only part of the year, you’re less likely to get sick of it.
Don’t buy: furniture, pineapple wallpaper, expensive wall art
- Bathing suit
- Phone cases
Don’t buy: anything that you expect to last longer than 3 years
- Pineapple Socks / 2. Mod earrings/ 3. Colorful Print/ 4. Tumbler/ 5. Pineapple candle/6. Sketch print/7. Swizzle Sticks/ 8. Phone case/ 9.Blingy pineapple earrings/10. Pillow /11. Pin Not Pictured: Candle 2/ Pineapple Wallpaper / Wooden bowl/
Of course, when I say don’t buy- there are always exceptions. If you live in Miami and it is perpetually 75 degrees and sunny with 24/7 beach vibes, go ahead and do you. But this guide is for those of us who feel compelled to re-do their living room when Target launches new seasonal products- I’m looking at you Emily Henderson. Those of us who cannot resist another pink hued tropical prints… I might own 3 shirts and one pair of shorts.
It’s okay to embrace trends, but do it in a smart way! Think low cost and easily changed out for the next big trend (kumquats obvs). Many of these tips could be easily translated to other style trends. Have fun getting in touch with your fruitiest self.
(Seriously loving that pineapple wallpaper. Trying to convince myself out of it, but I might have to get the sample.)