You know when you find a recipe on a pinterest and no idea if it actually works? Like works for non-Martha Stewart-types without a thousand kitchen gadgets? Those people with tiny apartment kitchens feel me.
So here’s a list of recipes that I have made multiple times. A list of recipes that got printed out and stained and shoved in the back of the cupboard.
1. Cinnamon Scones (note: bake at 350F)
I generally freeze half before baking.
A summer favorite that I sometimes make in the winter. Perfect on red pepper goat cheese sandwiches.
Good for those busy week nights.
6. Lemony Kale Parmesan Salad- I actually make mine with pecorino. Whoops.
7. Kitchen Treaty One pot pumpkin pasta– Tasty by itself, but I enjoy it with some mushrooms for bulk.
8. Company Potatoes- Also sometimes called funeral potatoes (but what a downer name). I do it with cream of mushroom soup, instead of cream of chicken (because vegetarian). Recipe to follow because everyone needs this fattening goodness in their life!
9. Aunt Tish’s Pumpkin Bread- It’s good for a quick breakfast. To freeze, wrap twice in foil and use “freezer proof” gallon bag.
10. Beth’s Green Apple Goat Cheese Salad with poppy seed dressing- so so tasty. Good to make for a crowd. Everyone always asks for this recipe. Maybe you should too!
In other news, it got slightly cold here. Since then I have been a giant baby and whined about going to warm places and beach vacations and what not.
How was your weekend? I went to the art museum yesterday while the Rothko Retrospective was still in town. And then we spent an hour trying to get tacos. After battling road closures, a lack of parking and three different taco locations, we finally got some to-go tacos at Torchy’s. And while walking a few blocks back to the car got rained on.
But really it was fun! I played with my new camera at the museum. Did you know that the MFAH changed its policy on cameras? It’s acceptable to take photos (without flash) now! Lookout for some photos of that adventure coming soon.
Let me know your go-to recipes in the comments! I would love a few more vegetarian week night staples or easy breakfast ideas.